[nfbmi-talk] example of workshop that pays at least minimum wage

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Apr 2 01:32:12 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christine Boone" <christine_boone at comcast.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 8:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nfbmi-talk] example of workshop that pays at least minimum
wage

> Hi Lydia, yes Midwest Enterprises for the Blind is a pretty good place.
> It works like a regular industrial setting and most of the workers seem to
> earn betwen $12 ND $18 an hour, even while they are being trained
>

> By the way, fantastic job at the Board meeting last week.
>
> Warmly,
> Christine
> On Mar 24, 2012, at 3:59 PM, Lydia Schuck wrote:
>
>> Here is a link to mlive that has an article about Midwest Enterprises for
>> the blind, a workshop setting that pays minimum wage.
>> http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2009/09/midwest_enterprises
>> _for_the_bl.html

Yes, maybe they pay these considerations. It seems like polling teeth to
find out for sure. Again Ill take this one out of the equation as it is the
only NIB shop in this state and most are Nish shops.

Regardless why are we as Federationists or as any sort of human beings
willing to acknoledgee any sort of sub-minimum wage for anyone. Now we in
the NFB cut our teath on equal rights for not onlhy ourselves but others
with other disabilities in these circumstances for right reasons knowing the
principles of divid and conquer.

Regardless, it is most clear that the Michigan Commission for the Blind
contracts with sub=-minimum players in grooss conflicts of interst in law
and eequity. that includes in documented fashion the following:

(Not an exclusive list by the by:")

Most, if not all of Goodwill Industrusties

-MThe Biggest gainer New Horizons Voc. Rehab. Industrise Inc.
-HHope Enterprises

Wanna continuence?

All are conflicts of interests.