[nfbmi-talk] FW: [Nfb-science] Verbal Description of the Talking LabQuest Hardware

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Fri Aug 3 20:09:28 UTC 2012

Hello,

There is a link here that will show a Youtube video of the Talking lab
Quest.  When you get to the link that says Youtube, simply press the enter
key when your cursor is somewhere on the link.

As you may recall, the Michigan Braille Transcribing fund generously granted
us funds for the purchase of 3 TLQ's  along with a number of probes to
measure various things like pH (acidity), temperature, soil moisture, light
intensity and wavelengths, etc.  We used these in our Science Camp program
last week.  There were 9 campers.  3 of them volunteered to travel around to
schools to demonstrate the equipment to encourage blind kids to get into
science.  The TLQ's  worked very well.  We are saying that the first blind
astronaut has been born.

So, if you are interested in these most interesting machines, watch the
video.  it is very basic but there is a short demonstration at the end.
Feel free to write me off-list or call if you have more questions.

Warmest Regards,

Fred