[nfbmi-talk] Anyone Coming to Lansing Tomorrow?

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Tue Dec 11 01:38:40 UTC 2012

Hello,

Your question is definitely a blindness 1.  The best advice I would have is
to go and be flexible.  If a bunch of people get rowdy and you don't feel
that rowdy, move away.  I always like to work my way near the front of the
crowd to hear the best. If things get dicey I recommend making a friend real
quick who could advise where the action is developing and give advice about
how to avoid it if that is what you want.

My experience is that most people will be very calm and reserved, so, in my
opinion, these events are quite safe to attend. I have been in very large
marches in Washington, dC during Viet Nam and at smaller events here in
Lansing and have not had problems.  The only time I came close is when I was
part of a group that occupied the Administration Building at MSU.  The
police got a little pushy in encouraging me and others to leave, but only 1
person was hurt when he resisted and was hit by an officer, there was blood.

Most of the time protests are very serious in their mission and have a
friendly camaraderie among participants.  Hopefully lots of singing and
chanting.

Warm Regards,

Fred