[nfbmi-talk] Fwd: Rescheduling of Training Center Open House

Terry Eagle terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 06:21:30 UTC 2012

The more things change, the more things stay the same!  Typical
Commission/BS4BP mode of operation--cater to the staff of the agency serving
the blind citizens.  As if having a well paying J O B with generous benefits
and retirement are not celebration enough for the right to serve we the
blind; they the well paid staff
 Are treated to a celebration, while blind vendors cannot get funds for
refrigeration and freezer repairs and replacement to protect and preserve
the safety and integrity of food items they are expected to have to sell,
with no guaranteed minimum sales or monthly income standard to them, unlike
Commmission/BS4BP staff and management.  I suppose the celebration funds are
coming from the same vocational rehabilitation funds pot as those funds used
to place and employ sighted persons in Business Enterprise Programm
facilities.

O Come, O come ye, let us celebrate the BS4BP staff and management's
holidays, with a paid work day hours party, in addition to their four paid
holidays  O come, O come ye let's treat them as if they are first-responders
to a tragic disaster, when in the last twelve days of work, they are, in
fact, a last-responder to BS4BP clients' e-mails and calls for sevices.
That fact is what is tragic and a disaster, along with the administration's
proposed WORK-TO-WELFARE for blind vendors legislation, which will be
classified and referred to as an outward mobility initiative, designed to
further raise the already heavenly-high mountain of unemployment among the
blind.  But Hark the Herald, with their stellar business training, those
blind vendors can easily be placed and employed as red kettle bell-ringers
begging for money on behalf of a well known charible organization.  After
all, tis the season for family tradition, and what better way is there than
nostalgic street corner begging work of the historic past of blind persons.
And to that can be added some sort of musical entertainment for added value
and increased donations, as we all know, we the blind, are endowed with an
ear for music.  Joy to the world--that is economic development and
entrepreneur talent for we the blind--the future lump of coal prosperity.
And just think, REJOICE, REJOICE, we will need not have to wait and worry
about a response from BS4BP as to our tools of the trade, a bell and red
kettle, as they are standard issue equipment for economic development ,, and
guaranteed and just as reliable as a paycheck, paid holidays, and holiday
celebration  for BS4BP staff.  And may your wish for a reasonable
accommodation of a musical instrument and brialle or digital sheet music
come true.  Have a merry holiday wonderland, filled with hope, peace, and
love, and may you rest ye body and spirit during silent nights, and a happy
and prosperous new year to all!