[nfbmi-talk] rehab act ada request timely info

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Feb 7 15:47:15 UTC 2012

February 7 2012 Request for Draft Minutes and Packets

joeharcz at comcast.net

To: Patrick D. Cannon

Director Michigan Commission for the Blind

Commissioners MCB

All,

I am writing today to receive the draft minutes and all documents (commissioner’s packets) for the past two meetings of the MCB Board. Those have past the 8 working day deadline under the Open Meetings Act and moreover since they are commission meetings these documents were required to be made readily available to blind advocates pro forma, in a timely manner and in the most effective format of the individual under the Rehabilitation Act, the ADA, and in several citations too numerous to denote here. Note all documents related to meetings of the MCB board must be made readily available again affirmatively let alone upon request and thus this is not a FOIA issue.

In addition I’m requesting all documents related to tomorrow’s so-called “emergency meeting” of the MCB in accessible format.

To wit send them to my e-mail address listed above as either/or plain text enclosures or as Word documents.

Yours Truly,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.