[nfbmi-talk] Fw: opinion requested

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sun Feb 12 15:10:15 UTC 2012

Thanks Fred. Bottom line on the access to information alone the entire State
apparatus violates the ADA and 504 as I've demonstrated over and over again.
So has MCB itself. The lack of timely and accessible information in the
format most effective for the individual which was required under the ADA
alone as of January 26, 1992 is the gun they stick in our faces to rob us of
fundamental access to programs, services, benefits and activities of this
sstate including core rehab services themselves. It also is the weapon used
to deprive folks of due process and equal protection under the law in legal
proceedings, quasi-legal proceedings including ALJ and CAP complaints, and
this is a core civil right violation.

We the blind of Michigan are not children of a Lessor God. We are supposed
to have the same fundamental core civil rights and Constitutional rights as
everyone else.

Thus these are federal guarantees. But, the State like the old state
righters in Jim Crow South continually use state abuses to try to elude
their federal civil rights obligations.

This is why I fowarded the brilliant legal paper related to Tenbroek's and
Grhams's, a blind leader and deaf leader respectively to this list in their
contributions to the classic civil rights case, Brwon v. Board of Topeka.
That was the case that threw out decades of "Jim Crow" and that ruled
separate is not equal in our public schools.

Fast foward to today in Michigan and we, the blind and indeed others with
disabilities, have not only separate but unequal access to everything!

And yet we get folks who continually say, "Let's go to this or that
corrupted state actor like our AGs for endless opinions when they are the
very people supporting the violations of rights and federal law in the first
place."

We continue to go to the very armed robbers of our rights for justice. There
are no remedies when there are no effective checks and balances and when the
system itself is so inherently corrupt.

Oh, yes for a decade the likes of Pilarski et al said let's take all these
ADA issues to Pat Cannon because he's the expert and State ADA
coordinator...But he was the robber of our rights. Fine and objective judge
he has made eh?

Peace with Justice,

Joe

f----- Original Message -----