[nfbmi-talk] what mcb paid ag 4th quarter 11

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Feb 13 02:11:19 UTC 2012

Yup one hand paying the other hand to continually violate our rights. Notice
in the FOIA releases from last Fiscal year to myself and Marcus the third
quarter and the first quarter expenses for legal services from the A.G.'s
office alone were never identified.

We the blind of Michigan lost hundreds of thousands in direct services due
to your case and baloney of paying for the AG to defend Cannon against his
discriminatory actions in the first place for crying out loud. including
match. And don't get me wrong here for I don't blame the victim, you
Christine, not at all. Your case was righteous period. But who started  the
action in the first place with your illegal firing and not to mention the
continued violations of clent rights to the mgun safety course in the first
place?? Oh Pat Cannon, and his state wags, hacks and neer do wells who cover
his ass with our monies as demonstrated again here.

The story is clear and who suffered? Blind folks in Michigan have suffered.

But bottom line is something is clear here. The likes of Cannon and he's not
the only one in this state violate civil and human rights of the blind over
and over again. Then they compound the insanity by going to the AG to back
them up while the average PWD or blind person has to fight with no tools or
resources at his or her disposal taking on the entire weight of the
federally funded state apparatchek in a sort of guerrilla warfare with
toothpicks as weapons against a metaphorical nuclear arsenal all funded
ultimately by the taxpayer.

What a bloody racket this is. It's like a fire fighter being an arsonist to
keep his job going and then depending upon the resources of the state to aid
his defense once caught. And then we hire the AG to defend the arsenist with
the very same taxpayer dollars dedicated for the people and then say to the
people, "Oiops the funds are gone and you can't get fire services anymore."

Meanwhile Cannon keeps setting fires and then goes to Cancun or wherever
while our proverbial Rome burns while he uses taxpayers funds, dedicated in
the first place for our Rehabilitation and round and round this merry go
round goes.

Wow am I nuts or what?

Or does this insanity have to end with lawsuits on multiple fronts and with
remedy for all of those who have been screwed?

By the way I could not comment yesterday, but did listen to most of the NFB
Board meeting and thank you all for making it accessible.

I heard your resignation Chris. I was deeply touched. I really was.

You are not now and never have been the enemy in my mind. I honor your
decision and take it with so much and many sincere grains of salt and with
many mixed emotions as you know.

I frankly as stated in private and now in public wished you didn't resign
from the board. I mean that. But I also understand and really respect your
decision. I really do.

I will continue to call them as I see them as you always know. I will always
endeavor to adjudge someone acting in public capacity from one who acts in
the specific and general interest of the class, in this case being folks who
just happen to be blind here in this State of Michigan. You know that.

I will continue to have this or that quibble with you over this or that
specific issue,, and visa versa for sure.

That is the nature of things and is as it should be.

But, I wish to say this as an end to this rant:

"Your interest in the betterment and the progress of people who are blind is
without issue. Not only has your heart been in the right place over decades
but so has been your demonstrable actions.

I would not have expended so much time, effort, angst and so forther over
the past few years on your behalf if I didn't believe that in my gut and my
heart.

I feel these things for all who are abused by the system large and small.

You happen to be "high profile" and not to mitigate the insults against
yourself which were most substantial in fact and deed we are in a state
where all, especially the most vulnerable are being abused daily.

Oh my I'm rambling once again...It is difficult to express fully my anguish
at the constant insults against folks like yourself and the average everyday
"blink" who increasingly gets blued, screwed and tattooed by this corrupted
state.

I'm simply reminded as we revisit all the plethora of commorations about
Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech that he also said, "An
injustice to one is an injustice to everyone."

Hang with us to the best of your abilities Christine, and that goes for all
on this list and elsewhere!

Noon's struggle is too big or too small for the Federation of the Blind to
take on in my mind.

But this general squandering of resources over and over again of desperate
funds needed for rehabilitation services from BEP to ILL to basic travel to
transition over legal issues that have long ago been settled in law and
equity drive me crazy.

Again no blame upon you. I don't blame messengers or victims of grossly
illegal, sometimes even criminal and always discriminatory activity for this
crap anymore than I would blame a woman for being raped because of some
dodge like maybe her skirt was too high or some othervictim focus issue..

No abuse is abuse. Discrimination is discrimination. The pattern and
practice has been defined for more than a decade. Right is right and wrong
is wrong.

The right has been documented. The wrongs are documented. The practioners of
right are identified. The perpetrators of wrong have been identified.

It is a time for suing, mass actions and any other means of seeking simple
justice for us in these cases and for all of us and for, most importantly
those who come after us..

When I a rank volunteer amateur for example sit down with some blind kids
and their mother and here the school district doesn't even know what an IPE
is or what transition services are, even peripherally I've got to wonder eh?

When I still as a 59 year old adult who is blind cannot get draft minutes
and other information via simple e-mail in a timely manner what the hell
does this say about blatent discrimination at the first instance?

It goes on and on and again won't get resolved until heads roll (not yours
Chris...I'm not saying that at all), and when the perpretrators are fined,
otherwise penalized and for illegal actions actually thrown into jail.

I know these sound like strong words but where did MLK and others eventually
get some sort of justice?

It wasn't just in courts including Brown v. Board of Topeka or subsequent
cases. It was only when the force of federal bayonets in the hands of
federal troops supported federally derived civil rights including the case
of James Meredith's right to attend Missippi that things started to change.
And again change is not static. It must and rights must be fought for over
and over again.

If we in the NFB would go back to our basic civil rights roots, peel back
the onion so to speak, and go beyond Maurer, and Jernigan and then lodge
ourselves in the profound actions and the movement and the rights declared
and fought for by our founnder Jacobus Tenbrooek then all would know the
historical context I talk about now.

Peace with Justice,

Joe