[nfbmi-talk] SSI questions

Mike Welty rattail4 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 15:55:35 UTC 2012

     Hey all,
Yesterday i stopped by Social Security as i wanted to remove  my mom as
my payee and control the account myself. Only problem is, teh SSIrep
tole me flat out i can not be my own payee, because of my disability,
blindness. Is this the actual law? It seems to me that this flies
completely against the ADA, and 4 other reps before hand told me i could
control my own account. So does anyone here have the straight truth? Can
I or can Inot control my own SSI, regardless if i'm blind.
Any help would be greatfully taken.