[nfbmi-talk] SSI questions

Elizabeth lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 17 11:12:00 CST 2012

Hello Mike,

I would think that the only reason they could do something like this is if 
you are under the age of eighteen. In which case, once you turn eighteen, 
you should be able to receive the checks under your name without any 
problem. If you are already over the age of eighteen, I would suggest 
talking to another case manager, or perhaps a supervisor.

Hope this helps,

From: "Mike Welty" <rattail4 at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 10:55 AM
To: <nfbmi-talk at nfbnet.org>
Subject: [nfbmi-talk] SSI questions

>     Hey all,
> Yesterday i stopped by Social Security as i wanted to remove  my mom as my 
> payee and control the account myself. Only problem is, teh SSIrep tole me 
> flat out i can not be my own payee, because of my disability, blindness. 
> Is this the actual law? It seems to me that this flies completely against 
> the ADA, and 4 other reps before hand told me i could control my own 
> account. So does anyone here have the straight truth? Can I or can Inot 
> control my own SSI, regardless if i'm blind.
> Any help would be greatfully taken.
> _______________________________________________
> nfbmi-talk mailing list
> nfbmi-talk at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfbmi-talk_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for 
> nfbmi-talk:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbmi-talk_nfbnet.org/lizmohnke%40hotmail.com

More information about the nfbmi-talk mailing list