[nfbmi-talk] request new horizons fy 11 info

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Jan 6 14:48:04 UTC 2012

January 6, 2012 Request FY 2011 Info. Related to New Horizons

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI  48458

joeharcz at comcast.net

Patrick D. Cannon

Director, Michigan Commission for the Blind

(Via e-mail)

Dear Mr. Cannon,

I am writing today to have you breakdown and itemize the Michigan Commission for the Blind expenditures (portions thereof) that can be found at:

http://apps.michigan.gov/MiTransparency/Vendor/Categories?y=2011&v=NEW%20HORIZONS%20REHABILITATION%20SERVICES&a=641&Column=AgencyName&Direction=Ascending

Here are some general Lara details:

“Payments to NEW HORIZONS REHABILITATION SERVICES by LICENSING AND REGULATORY AFFAIRS for fiscal year 2011

Click on a category description to view payments to this vendor by this category.

Table with 3 columns and 4 rows

Agency Name

Category Description

Payment Totals

LICENSING AND REGULATORY AFFAIRS

Capital Acquisitions and Rentals

$1,125.00

LICENSING AND REGULATORY AFFAIRS

Payments to School Districts Local Units and Others

$70,816.21

LICENSING AND REGULATORY AFFAIRS

Contractual Services Supplies and Materials

$1,861,858.49”

I also am writing for any records related to just whom at MCB authorized each and every expenditure with New Horizons.

Since the books have  been closed for months now for Fiscal Year 2011 it shouldn’t be difficult for you and the agency to document these expenditures.

Regardless, I am requesting all information related to these expenditures with New Horizons during Fiscal Year 2011 are remitted to me in accessible format and in a timely manner pursuant to obligations under the ADA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as I am blind.

Send requested information as Word documents and/or plain text enclosures to my e-mail address listed above.

Note a failure to respond to this request is a violation of the ADA and 504 in and of itself.

Warmest Regards,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.