[nfbmi-talk] goes to rsa monitoring and transition programs

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Jan 6 18:59:28 UTC 2012

 This goes to the weird transition programs that RSA was asking about and the ambiguous references to Peckham’s Nicole Ellwanger who from her resume doesn’t have any credentials related to people who are blind and by public comments of Commissioner Schuck recently these so-called transition programs didn’t provide any Braille or adaptive aids whatsoever to her daughter.

Man, these are hinky contracts that we’re still trying to figure out though they were signed by MCB’s East Regional Supervisor, Elizabeth White who in my experience also doesn’t know a bloody thing about blindness either or how to account for and monitor MCB funded transition programs.

Ladies and gentlemen if folks think New Horizons is a rummied deal all the interconections with Peckham make it pale in comparison.

Oh, yes Peckham also has numerous waivers to pay People with Disabilities sub-minimum wages. So does New Horizons and indeed so do all NISH programs to my knoledge in Michigan.

Say did I ever mention on this list that Elmer Cerano, the Executive Director of Michigan Protection and Advocy Services, Inc. was the Chair of NISH when it and its little sweat shops were investigated and exposed for major abuses by the Portland Oregonian and the General Accounting Office and that Peckham got cited for vending out its chemical underwear contract with the Department of Defense?

Man you just can’t make this stuff up.

Joe

Source:

http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-28077_28313_28349-194314--,00.html

Career Club, August 19-21, 2008

Contact:  Nichole Ellwanger (Peckham), 517-541-8851

Career Club, June 24-27, July 15-17, & August 19-21, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., is for blind and visually impaired youth in Eaton and Ingham counties. Participants

will explore careers, learn about their individual strengths and interests, work on team-building skills, develop a career plan, discuss work skills and

ethics, practice interviewing, complete a job application, develop job-seeking skills, and have fun. This program is sponsored by the Michigan Commission

for the Blind, Eaton and Ingham intermediate school districts, and Peckham, Inc. An end-of-the-year celebration is scheduled for August 26, from 3:00 to

5:00. For more information, contact Nichole Ellwanger (Peckham) at (517) 541-8851.

Table with 2 columns and 22 rows