[nfbmi-talk] Amended December 15 Minutes

trising at sbcglobal.net trising at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 7 20:52:47 UTC 2012

National Federation of the Blind of Michigan Board Meeting

December 15, 2011 Agenda,

Quorum Larry Posont, Dave Robinson, Terri Wilcox, Nick Wilcox and Mary Wurtzel.

Secretary's Report, Terri Wilcox. Dave Robinson made a motion to adopt the Secretary's Report as emailed. Mary Wurtzel seconded the Motion. The Secretary's Report was approved.

Treasurer's Report, Mary Wurtzel. The current bank balance is $4,872.09 but $2,605 is for Youth Outreach and $1,400 is for the Bridge Walk. The Lawyer is paid. We only have the phone bill of $9.95. There was about $1,500 in auction profit and $267 from the fund raiser. Dave Robinson made a motion to adopt the Treasurer's Report. Terri Wilcox seconded the motion. The treasurer's report passed.

Introduction of participating Members.

Update on Sponsors for Minimum Wage Legislation. Constituents are needed who will meet in the districts of their legislators. Constituents are still needed in Thaddeus McCotter's district and Candice Miller's district. Dave Robinson will send these details to the list serve.

The next Board Meeting via Conference call will be January 5, 2012. The second Saturday for the Quarterly State Board Meeting might work, as this date avoids Washington Seminar.

J.J. Meddaugh will send out a message on the NFBMI list serves to let Affiliate members know about Washington Seminar. Members are urged to email him if they are interested in attending. A motion was made by Dave Robinson to allocate $1,000 for affiliate members attending Washington Seminar. Mary Wurtzel seconded the motion. The motion passed. Terri Wilcox made a motion to allocate $500 for a ladies room and $500 for a men's room for Washington Seminar. Dave Robinson seconded the motion. The Motion was approved on January 5, at the subsequent Board Meeting.

Update, Commission Board Meeting, December 8-9. The final draft of the evaluation will be released to the public on December 21. There will be a meeting on Pat Cannon's Employment Objectives later this month. One of our Resolutions will be addressed as an Objective at this meeting. Christine Boone will bring back a report on challenge activities at the Training Center on the March meeting. The Department of Natural Resources has marksmanship for disabled individuals and so does a center in Lansing. Two emails have been sent to Leamon Jones, one for the Independent Living Manual and one for the memo concerning the change in who deals with the financial form in the college policy. Board Correspondence emails must be in the Minutes which should be released in eight days.

Members at Large Chapter Meeting. Both a Board and planning meeting occurred. Monday, January 9 will be the first Members at Large Chapter Meeting. The Meetings will be at 8:30 on the second Monday of every month. There will be communications about Affiliate Business and fund raising will be discussed. There is interest in distribution of the State Convention List. We can also use the white cane list to obtain members for the Members at Large Chapter.

Old Business: The Leelanau Coffee Company will sell a device to make it possible to brew the Leelanau Coffee in a 1 cup coffee maker. Kevin Reeves has made much progress on the website. Each chapter soon will be able to have a page on the website. Mike Powell has sent emails or calls to Larry Povinelli but has not heard back yet. The Lansing Chapter is having their Christmas Party from 5:00 to 9:00 P.M., on Saturday, at the Forty and Eight Club.

Dave Robinson made a motion to adjourn at 9:29. Terri Wilcox seconded the motion. The meeting was adjourned.