[nfbmi-talk] no wonder

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sun Jan 8 15:51:35 UTC 2012

Cerano was Chair of NISH during the time that it underwent major scandels leading to a General Accounting Office report and Congressional scrutiny to say the least. He also was and is the head of Michigan and Protection and Advocy Services.

No wonder we don’t have compliance with the ADA, 504, or IDEA in this state or even in the access to due process therein.

No wonder NISH outfits like Peckham and New Horizons of Auburn Hills are not even fully accessible to those of us who are blind in their programs and services let alone employment opportunities. No wonder nothing has been done to ensure access to VR programs let alone positive outcomes.

Yup we are supporting an age old paradigm here for the blind and indeed all people with disabilities.

And that is where non-disabled and paternalistic and “charitable model” at best run the system for the benefit of themselves!

Nothing about us without us!

Joe Harcz