[nfbmi-talk] request eoc recordings etc

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sun Jan 15 13:19:42 UTC 2012

January 15 2012 Request EOC Recording and Subsequent Minutes

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI  48458

joeharcz at comcast.net

Re:  Information Related to EOC Special Meeting January 14, 2012

To: Patrick D. Cannon

Constance Zanger

James Hull

(All Michigan Commission for the Blind via –email)

James Chaney, Chair Elected Operator’s Committee

(via e-mail)

Dear All,

I am writing today to request the recording of yesterday’s EOC meeting and subsequent  draft minutes as soon as the latter are processed and the recording forthwith. As a blind person I request the minutes in accessible format pursuant to the ADA and Section 504. That should be as either a Word attachment or plain text enclosure sent to my e-mail address listed above and within eight (8) working days of the meeting pursuant to the Michigan Open Meetings Act.

As per the recording I request it as an mp3 file put on a “thumb drive” and mailed to my physical address listed above.

As an aside the original proposal relative to the “state plate” and involving DTMB managers in anything, let alone assignment of mandated locations is expressly violative  of Public Act 260 at its fundamental core. DTMB, nor any other agency of State of Michigan government are not the State Licensing Agency. That is the sole province by law of the Michigan Commission for the Blind. That is precisely what our legislature voted to approve back in 1978 when MCB was in fact created. There is know argument that persuades me otherwise.

For Ms. Zanger in her position to even propose what she proposed falls clearly out of her authority and frankly violates her very job description in very obvious fashion.

She is by pay and designation the MCB Administration and not DTMB, or their surrogate.

She cannot unilaterally abdicate authorities prescribed clearly in the RS program or PA 260. Nor can DTMB personnel such as building managers for that matter.

Only acts of congress in the case of the RS program and the State Legislature in the case of PA 260 can do that.

Regardless, I request the information requested.

By the way, James I think you do a fine job given all the garbage that has gone on in this program. I, sincerely hope you do not think that is “damning you with feint praise”. It is not.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.