[nfbmi-talk] Fw: FYI, Google Scholarships including Lime Scholarship for Computer Science & Computer Engineering Students with Disabilities

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Jan 30 16:43:26 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: Turney, Susan (LARA)
To: MCB2020-L at LISTSERV.MICHIGAN.GOV
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 11:20 AM
Subject: FYI, Google Scholarships including Lime Scholarship for Computer Science & Computer Engineering Students with Disabilities

FYI, see information below regarding Google Scholarships including Lime Scholarship for Computer Science & Computer Engineering Students with Disabilities.

Susan Turney

Communications & Outreach Coordinator, Michigan Commission for the Blind

Michigan Department Licensing and Regulatory Affairs

desk:  517-241-8631; cell: 517-243-3858; fax:  517-335-5140

MCB toll-free: 1-800-292-4200

201 N. Washington Square, Second Floor,

P.O. Box 30652; Lansing, MI 48909

www.michigan.gov/mcb

Scholarships | Google Scholarships in North America - Now accepting applications! http://googleforstudents.blogspot.com/2012/01/google-scholarships-in-north-america.html  (Google Student Blog):

As part of Google's ongoing commitment to advancing computing and technology, we are pleased to support the work of our partner organizations in providing scholarships to students studying computer science.

Today we are announcing the following scholarship opportunities in North America -- now accepting applications!

· Google Lime Scholarship for Students with Disabilities http://limeconnect.com/opportunities/page/google-lime-scholarship-program - Deadline: February 5, 2012

· Google AISES Scholarship http://www.aises.org/what/programs/scholarships/info/googlescholars - Deadline: February 29, 2012

· Google Hispanic College Fund Scholarship http://hispanicfund.org/programs/college/scholarships/google-scholarship-program - Deadline: March 1, 2012

· Google UNCF Scholarship - US Application http://www.uncf.org/forstudents/scholarDetailSGA.asp?id=714   ; Canada Application http://www.uncf.org/forstudents/scholardetail.asp?Sch_ID=20870   - Deadline: March 18, 2012

In addition, we are still accepting applications for the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship http://googleforstudents.blogspot.com/2010/12/2011-google-anita-borg-memorial.html    (Deadline: February 6, 2012).

Scholarship recipients will each receive a $10,000 scholarship for the 2012-2013 academic year and will be invited to attend the all-expenses-paid annual Google Scholars' Retreat http://googleforstudents.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-summer-google-scholars-retreat.html at the Googleplex in Mountain View, CA. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of the applicants' academic background and their demonstrated passion for computer science.

For complete details on all of our scholarships, please visit www.google.com/jobs/scholarships. http://www.google.com/intl/en/jobs/students/proscho/scholarships/uscanada