[nfbmi-talk] request and discrimination complaint

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Jul 10 21:07:34 UTC 2012

Request Recording MCB State Plan Hearing July 9 2012

And ADA/504 Complaint

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458joeharcz at comcast.net

Patrick Cannon, Michigan commission for the Blind

Michael Zimmer, Michigan LARA

Via e-mail

Sirs,

I am writing today to request the recording of the State Plan Hearing held yesterday at the State Library in Lansing. I make this request in accordance with known responsibilities to make such recordings available under both the public  hearings requirements of The Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Title I) and the “auxiliary aids and services” provisions in Section 504 of that same act.

You may send this recording as an mp3 file on a “flashcard” to my mailing address listed above.

By the way the meeting violated the program access requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Title II, and similar requirements for accessible meetings required by the Rehabilitation Act in that there was no and I repeat no raised  character and Braille signage in accordance with the Americans with Disability Act Guidelines (3.40.1, 4, 5, 6).

I don’t understand what this state doesn’t realize about the long standing requirement to have all permanent rooms, including room numbers so identified and most especially for agencies that offer vocational rehabilitation services and hold said public hearings like the one yesterday. It is inexcusable that this facility which houses the Braille and Talking Book library and was used for this public hearing so egregiously  and maliciously violates the ADA now nearly twenty two years after it was enacted.

Thus this stands as a complaint and documentation of a complaint for systemic, willful, and malicious discrimination against the entire class.

It also invalidates these so-called public hearings!

Yu Mr. Cannon as the former head of the United States Access Board and State of Michigan ADA coordinator should be ashamed for such ongoing acts of discrimination!

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.