[nfbmi-talk] rehab act and ada request public hearing info

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Thu Jul 12 13:43:46 UTC 2012

July 12 2012 Request Public Hearing Information Rehabilitation Act Etc

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

joeharcz at comcast.net

ToPatrick Cannon Michigan Commission for the Blind

Michael Zimmer, Michigan Department Licensing and Regulatory Affairs

(Via-email)

Sirs,

 in accordance with Relevant Sections of Title I and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended I am writing to request in a timely and accessible format all notes, “minutes” and recordings of the following public hearings on our State Plan:

“Lake Superior Room

Escanaba

July 11, 2012, 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Escanaba Office

State Office Building

305 Ludington

Escanaba, MI 49829

Conf. Room 2nd Floor

Kalamazoo”

I request all notes or “minutes” as simple Word documents sent to my e-mail address listed above,.

I also request any recording be sent to my mailing address on a flash card as an mp3 file.

Aside from the above referenced laws I, as a blind person also invoke The Americans with Disabilities Act, Title II, subpart e, communications, primary consideration in these regards.

A failure to respond in a timely and accessible format, or to not remit said documents and recordings is actionable,.

In addition an attempt to use any state law to delay or deny the application of these aforementioned federal civil rights laws is a violation of the general provisions of both the ADA and Section 504. In other words federal civil rights laws trump abused state laws.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.