[nfbmi-talk] from cic minutes

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Jul 18 00:39:58 UTC 2012

Now, here is what the CIC voted for:
"Fred Wurtzel made a motion for the CIC to recommend to Governor Snyder that PA 260 be maintained, and Joe seconded the motion.  Joe noted that the governor
does have the right to transfer MCB to a different department, while maintaining the board with its policy-making status and the separate status of MCB
as an agency.

There was a vote, and Cheryl Wade abstained while all others voted to approve the motion.

"

Note the new EO destroys, abolishes, rips up PA 260 and everything that it is based upon including the policy making and quasi=-judicial role of the MCB Board. Period.

Now since this was aapproved by all including reps of MCBVI and NFB
.

Why in the world would we accept what is going on without a fight?

Oh and that an the fact that the Governor violated the Executive Organization Act of 1965 and indeed the Michigan Constitution in doing so along with numerous other state aand federal laws including the Rehabiliation Act, the ADA, the Michigan Open meetings Act etc., etc., etc.

Are we not a government of law and nnot a dictatorship?

Our our rights as people who are blind less than those of others?

If there ever was a time for us to show ourselves as activists, advocates and civil rights fighters it is now ladies and gentlemen.

Joe