[nfbmi-talk] Fw: request rsa zimmer information

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Jul 30 15:27:08 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: Farmer, Mel (LARA)
To: 'joe harcz Comcast'
Cc: Haynes, Carla (LARA) ; Cannon, Patrick (LARA) ; Luzenski, Sue (LARA)
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 11:08 AM
Subject: FW: request rsa zimmer information

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

joeharcz at comxast.com

RE: All Correspondences Between RSA and Michael Zimmer LARA To and From

Dear Mr. Harcz:

This notice is in response to your July 25, 2012 emailed request (attached) to Mr. Mike Zimmer requesting copies of existing, nonexempt public records you describe as ".any and all correspondences relative to the development of Michigan Commission for the Blind "State Plan" between Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs and any personnel of the United States Department of Education Rehabilitation Services Administration.between February 1 of this calendar year to present date."

Please be informed that this request is being processed under the state's Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), MCL 15.231 et seq. Thusly, in order to determine the existence of any nonexempt information/records that might be responsive to your request, a search for records must be undertaken; and, if any responsive records found, converted to accessible format. For these reasons, pursuant to MCL 15.235, Section 5(2)(d) of the state's FOIA, it is necessary to extend the response period through August 15, 2012, or sooner.

Sincerely,

/S/ Melvin Farmer, Jr.

Central FOIA Coordinator.

Attachment

  July 25 2012 Request Zimmer Correspondences with RSA

  Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

  1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

  Mt. Morris, MI 48458

  810-516-5162

  joeharcz at comcast.net

  Re: All correspondences between RSA and Michael Zimmer LARA to and from

  (Several: via e-mail)

  To All (re: cc line),

  I am requesting any and all correspondences relative to the development of the Michigan Commission for the Blind "State Plan" between Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs and any personnel of the United States Department of Education Rehabilitation Services Administration, This should cover the period of time between February 1 of this calendar year to the present date.

  It should include all technical assistance, and in fact simply should include any document period.

  As a person who is blind I submit that all these documents from both the State of Michigan and from RSA itself being entities covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and its civil rights component, Section 504 remit these documents immediately if not sooner in accessible format and without delay or surcharge (again I'm invoking the "auxiliary aids and services provisions of Section 504 here).

  Said documents may simply be sent to my e-mail address listed above as either/or Word attachments or plain text enclosures or simply electronically "cced" to my e-mail address.

  Again I'm invoking, as a person who is blind my rights to receive this information in accessible format and a timely manner pursuant to obligations of both the Federal Government (RSA) and the recipient of federal funds (LARA).

  Violations of this on behalf of RSA will result in a Bevin's action.

  Violations of this by any personnel of the State of Michigan will result in other actions up to and including 42USC1983 actions against personnel including Mr. Zimmer himself. .

  Frankly it is about time the civil rights laws of this land were followed by recipients of federal funds.

  Sincerely,

  Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.