[nfbmi-talk] never fully responde to to date ada violations

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Jun 18 16:03:43 UTC 2012

ADA Request Transparency Peckham FY 2010 Expenditures

January 8, 2012

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI  48458

Patrick D. Cannon

Director, Michigan Commission for the Blind

(Via E-mail)

Dear Director Cannon,

I am writing today to ask for some more detail on the following expenditures from the MI Transparency web site:

“Payments to PECKHAM VOCATIONAL INDUSTRIES INC by LICENSING AND REGULATORY AFFAIRS for fiscal year 2010

Click on a category description to view payments to this vendor by this category.

Table with 3 columns and 3 rows

Agency Name

Category Description

Payment Totals

LICENSING AND REGULATORY AFFAIRS

Payments to School Districts Local Units and Others

$3,162.12

LICENSING AND REGULATORY AFFAIRS

Contractual Services Supplies and Materials

$595,334.11”

Precisely I wish to have the MCB component of these expenditures broken down. I wwant to know who, what, when, where, why and how these funds were for.

In other words what fee for services, assessments, etc. did the MCB share go to?

It should not be difficult for you to do this since you already clearly spent the money.

In addition I wish to inquire about how these services were delivered accessibly to people who are blind using them and what assurances MCB made in its dealings with Peckham to ensure Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 and for that matter  Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act compliance for all of its programs and services that MCB paid for with its funds.

I expect that you know by now I request this information as either a Word document and/or plain text enclosure sent to my e-mail address listed above as I am blind and invoke the ADA and 504 in these regards. In addition I wish for a hard copy spread sheet in contracted (Grade Two) Braille sent in a timely manner to my mailing address listed above.

A failure to respond to this request in a timely manner let alone a failure to remit it is indeed a violation of my civil rights pursuant to obligations of MCB and yourself, Mr. Cannon.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.