[nfbmi-talk] More Megabus Service in Michigan

Matt Sievert matt.sievert at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 03:18:29 UTC 2012

Elizabeth,

Let me know, and I or others in Detroit will help you out.

I don't own a car or have a driver. So I depend solely on cabs. Some folks
ask me how I can spend $100 for a round trip cab ride to downtown Detroit.
I tell them I don't have to pay for a car, gas, tires, insurance, repairs,
or parking, plus I walk to work on a daily basis. So the cab fare is a
small price to pay for my independence.

Matt Sievert.

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 10:15 PM, Elizabeth <lizmohnke at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> Thank you for being so willing to provide this information. however, cab
> fares are based on distance traveled, and it is not always convenient for a
> sighted person to pick me up. If I recall correctly, the last time we were
> at this hotel, they provided a free shuttle from the Dearborn Amtrak
> station., hence my curiosity regarding a Megabus stop in Dearborn. If they
> stop at the Dearborn Amtrak station, this would be the perfect way to get
> to and from the state convention hotel. If it does not stop there, then
> there are always other possibilities as indicated in your email.
>
> Thanks,
> Elizabeth

>  Elizabeth, I or others can provide you with phone numbers for local cabs.
>> So you can complete your journey once you reach the Detroit area. Or
>> perhaps you can arrange to have a sighted individual pick you up once your
>> bus arrives.
>>
>> Matt Sievert
>>

>> On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 7:25 PM, Elizabeth <lizmohnke at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi J.J.,
>>>
>>> Is there a stop in Dearborn by any chance? Just wondering if this service
>>> would work well for the next state quarterly board meeting as well as
>>> state
>>> convention. Seems like the Detroit stop would be quite a ways from the

>>> matt.sievert%40gmail.com<http:**//nfbnet.org/mailman/options/**