[nfbmi-talk] volunteers still needed

Joe Sontag suncat0 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 20:51:07 UTC 2012

As many of you know, the NFB of Michigan held a successful demonstration at the Governor's
offices on March 1 in protest of his executive order that abolishes the Commission
for the Blind and would split up the pieces between two different departments. This
was followed by visits to the offices of many members of the House Appropriations
Committee.  We believe that it is crucial to reach as many members of both the House
and Senate appropriations committies with our message as soon as we can in order
to stop this ill-conceived plan of the Governor's in its tracks, but there are still
more contacts to be made, especially on the Senate side.
If you can be in Lansing on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, March 6, 7 or 8,  and
have time to pay a visit to some of our state senators and representatives, then
I need to hear from you as soon as possible.  Right now, Tuesday and Thursday are the days when we need help most.
I may be reached at:
suncat0 at gmail.com
or by phone at:
(517) 256-2514