[nfbmi-talk] Donna, that was absolutely beautiful!!

trising trising at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 11 23:16:45 UTC 2012

Donna, your piece about Camp Tuhsmeheta, and all the birds and nature that one can experience without seeing is absolutely beautiful!! I sure hope there is a future for having blind people at Camp Tuhsmeheta, so that we can all appreciate nature and that wonderful lake, and so that we can teach kids the skills of blindness like Braille, culinary arts, and Science. When I went canoeing there with other blind people in the canoe, it was the most fun, adventurous canoeing I have ever experienced. No more sighted people taking you down a river without a ripple or any excitement! Some time, I want to swim to the other side of Lake Flannigan, but I have no idea how I will know how to make it back to camp after I do it!!

Terri Wilcox