[nfbmi-talk] To Barbecue or not to Barbecue??

trising trising at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 12 23:56:53 UTC 2012

Hello:
    Nick and I listened to the Presidential Release at our Chapter Meeting last Saturday. Dr. Maurer was advertising the infamous Texas Barbecue. The ticket for this seems to be quite a lot. The socialization aspect sounds fun. What do you get for this amount of money? With the banquet being more this year, we will probably not do the barbecue. However, what do you get for that amount of money, and are we missing something really significant by not purchasing the tickets? I know many of you will think this is a really dumb question, but how would we handle a buffet as two totally blind people without sighted assistance. When we have dinners at church, they are usually buffets. We usually go through with someone who can see. They give us the silverware, but hold the plates so they can fill them. Then, they tell us what there is, and we make our selections by saying yes or no. They fill the plates and help us find empty seats at a table. Also, has anyone found any cheap flights to Texas?

Terri Wilcox