[nfbmi-talk] goes to known violations of ada 504 and more

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Mar 14 14:34:17 UTC 2012

This all deals with the video recording by LARA of one meeting and the problem isn't with that but the insane and ludicrous reasonings for it, then the lack of submitting it to the public including myself as is and then the multiple violations of the ADA, 504, OMA, and FOIA related to this alone. Also note the role of Zimmer here who should know better being a lawyer himself and heading the corrupted Michigan Administrative Hearing System which routinely violates the rights of blind people in the hearing process and more.  Oh, yes and Zimmer was and is a key player with the extra-legal Executive Order 2012-2. These folks think they can receive federal funds and continue to violate the federal rules related to them over and over again?
And note the ludicrous and cynical words of Morrow ... Now he is talking about their clients. Just who are those clients. Certainly it isn't the blind members of the public.

Joe Harcz....

Mr. Joseph Harcz, this notice is in response to your July 2, 2011 emailed request to the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA)

for copies of nonexempt public information/records under the state’s Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), MCL 15.231 et seq., you describe as:

 1. “…related to the video recording of the June 17, 2011 Michigan Commission for the Blind

         meeting.”

2. “…a line item accounting of how much this video recording cost the taxpayer or any records

        related to costs such as inter agency transfers from the MCB/LARA to DTMB or a third

        party vendor for filming the event to begin with.”

 3. “…any memorandums discussing the requirements to caption and describe this production of

         a Michigan Commission for the Blind public meeting.”

Please be informed that, pursuant to MCL 15.235, Section 5(2)(c) of the FOIA, your request is partially granted and partially denied.

As regards the granted portions of your request, enclosed, as part of this response, are copies of records responsive to your request.

As regards the denied portion of your request, the Department does not possess a line item accounting of the cost, interagency transfers, or third party

vendor costs of the video recording of the June 17, 2011 MCB meeting. Thusly, pursuant to MCL 15.235, Section 5(4)(b) of the FOIA, we must deny this portion

of your request; and certify that the public record requested does not exist in this Department.

Under MCL 15.240 of the FOIA, you may submit a written appeal regarding the denial of any portion of your FOIA request to Steven H. Hilfinger, Director,

Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Mike Zimmer, Chief Deputy Director, Ottawa Building, 4th Floor,

P.O. Box 30004, Lansing, Michigan 48909. Your written appeal must include the word “appeal” and state the reason(s) for reversal of the denial(s). You may

also seek judicial review in circuit court within 180 days of the Department’s final determination. If you prevail in such action, the court shall award

reasonable attorney fees, costs and disbursements. If the court finds the Department’s action(s) to be arbitrary and capricious, the court shall, in addition

to any actual or compensatory damages, award punitive damages in the amount of $500.00.