[nfbmi-talk] the state suld be sued

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Mar 26 15:09:24 UTC 2012

In case folks haven't got the point the MCB Training Center went through a $3.5 million renovation.

Yet, the staff and Christine Boone had to scramble and put cardboard Braille and dymo tape signs on most rooms.

Now this is a classic violation of the ADA/504 new construction and alteration guidelines and in fact the meeting was not accessible in accordance with the ADA/504.

I will sue the State of Michigan and the Contractor for these gross violations of our and my civil rights.

If restrooms weren't fully accessible do we think that wheelchair users wouldn't rightfully sue?

Again this doesn't go to Christine or  the staff, but rather at the scofflaw State of Michigan that violates our civil rights in outrageous ways like this.

Now, it is time for other blind folks to stand up for our rights and to sue the State with me.

It is time for Protection and Advocacy to come to the fore here and it is long since time that we, the blind have our civil rights taken seriously.

If people aren't outraged by these events then they have to go back to school on civil rights.

The ADA alone is more than Twenty One years old. How long should we wait for civil rights?

Now Pat Cannon should be sued severally and liable for his role in this travesty as he acted with deliberate indifference to the laws of this land.

It is time for outrage and it is time for action! And tghat goes double ditto for Mike Zimmer of LARA!

Sincerely,

Joe Harcz

cc: Richard Bernstein
cc: Mark Finnegan