[nfbmi-talk] nlrb notice to peckham employees

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Thu Nov 15 17:09:48 UTC 2012

NOTICE TO EMPLOYEES

Posted Pursuant to a settlement agreement approved by a regional director of the National Labor Relations Board

Federal law gives you the right to:

·        Form, join or assist a union;

·        Choose a representative to bargain with us on your behalf

·        Act together with other employees for your benefit and protection;

·        Choose not to engage in any of these protected activities.

WE WILL NOT do anything to prevent you from exercising the above rights.

WE WILL NOT orally promulgate overly broad no-solicitation rules, including a rule prophibiting soliciatation of signatures or union authorization cards on the work floor, when both the soliciting employee and the employee being solicited are on non-work time, in order to discourage you from forming, joining or assisting a union.

WE WILL NOT watch you handing out literature in order to find out about your activities.

WE WILL NOT make it appear to you that we are keeping an eye on your union activities, by identifying employees engaged in union activities.

WE WILL NOT threaten you with closure of this company if you choose to be represented by or support a union.

WE WILL NOT selectively and disparately enforce our solicitation rule contained in our policy handbook section 604, by permitting nonunion bulletin board postings while removing or prohibiting bulletin board postings in support of the union, in order to discourage you from forming, joining or assisting a union

WE WILL NOT announce changes to our solicitation rule contained in our policy handbook, by allowing unapproved nonunion bulletin board items to be posted while prohibiting the posting of unapproved  bulletin board items in support of a union, in order to discourage you from forming, joining or assisting a union.

WE WILL NOT in any like or related manner interfere with, coerce, or restrain you in the exercise of your rights under Section 7 of the Act.

PECKHAM VOCATIONAL INDUSTRIES INC. (employer)

Signed by Mitchell Tomlinson, President and CEO, October 11, 2012