[nfbmi-talk] auto mark

Jason Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Tue Nov 20 23:30:18 UTC 2012

I'm happy to help with such an initiative, though I can't guarantee I'll be
in Michigan in 2014.
But it sounds like we have two major parts to the project.
1. Organize several demonstrations of accessible voting technology where
people can test out the machines and of course we happen to see if they want
a free cane or join a chapter while we're there.
2. Talk to the county clerks to ensure the machines are accessible and
operational. There's 83 counties in Michigan, but if the list was split up
over several people, we should be able to talk to all of them. This second
part could be started much sooner. And while we're talking to them, we can
get a feeler on where we may want to set up demonstrations.

Finally, a question, I know HAVA requires accessibility for all federal
elections. In Kalamazoo at least, all local elections have also been made
accessible. Do we have a state law that is mandating this or is that
decision made locally?

Best Regards,
Jason Meddaugh
A T Guys