[nfbmi-talk] introduction

Mauricio Almeida mauriciopmalmeida at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 04:31:56 UTC 2012

greetings, everyone

My name is Mauricio Almeida, and I thought it would be handy to
introduce myself to all of you as i get ready to join such a wonderful
community at the NFBMI and NFB in general.
I am currently a student at michigan state university, pursuing a
minor in computer science and a major in international relations.
Having come from brazil, where structure for the visually impaired is
not as developed and as demanded as in the United States, I was taught
to proactively pursue our rights with institutions early.
As I arrived in michigan this past august, I was amazed at some
features such as busses informing us stops automatically, talking
cross walks and so on.
That being said, I am sure there are always areas to improve, and I
offer you all my help and support in the on going pursuit of such
improvements for michigan , the united states and beyond.
For those of you going to the convention next week, it will be my
pleasure to meet you in person as well.

Either way, feel free to contact me via list or using any of the
methods below, it will be a pleasure interacting with each of you.

regards

mauricio

contact information:
facebook: