[nfbmi-talk] introduction

Terry Eagle terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 07:13:48 UTC 2012

Oh, come now Ms. Weckerly.  I first met you when I was a child and you and
my parents, Dorothy and Donald Eagle, through NFB took on the sighted world
to educate about the great abilities of blind persons.  I grew up with this
great image of you being a leader, willing to show up on a picket line or in
a court of law to fight ignorance about blindness.  I presumed such spirit
was inspired by great leaders and fans of the U of M, much like my parents.
Please don't shatter my U of M like image of you I have enjoyed for more
than, well let me just say, that magic number of
39 years, that women in particular like to use frequently.

At the number of 92, my mother still enjoys supporting the Wolverines of U
of M, except when the U of M play the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame, which
was instilled in my mom by my grandpa, being a Fighting Irish fan.  We still
recap each U of M game after each game, talking about the good, bad, and
ugly of each 15 minutes of play.  My mom's U of M spirit is unshakable.

But, I do understand from where you come with your support of the Spartans,
Ms. Weckerly.  I just know it comes from that great image I have of you, as
being for and supportive of the underdog in any situation!

Ms. Weckerly, so pleased to hear from you, and GO BLUE!

P.s.  For those who may wonder why I address Evelyn as Ms. Weckerly, it is
because growing up that is what was expected of my siblings and me, out of
respect for an elder,  when addressing an adult.  It was Mr., Mrs., and Miss
last name.  Good habits are very difficult to change when well engrained.
As in GO BLUE!

Terry Eagle