[nfbmi-talk] NFBNewsline

Georgia Kitchen ghkitchen at comcast.net
Thu Oct 18 19:26:37 UTC 2012

Hi All,

If you will be at the  convention or tuning in via the internet, please  remember that you can call for help with NFBNewsline at

517-258-0632 or toll free
866-504-7300.
Here you can get your codes, if you misplaced them, report your change of address, email etc.

Please spread the word to those who do not have internet access. To make NFBNewsline a success in Michigan, we need a bit of help from every member, friend or family member.

I am interested in  what suggestions and questions you may have regarding NFBNewsline.

Save the questions and comments for Saturday and we will talk about things then in a  question and answer session.
 NFBNewsline is easy to use as you know.

I feel it is best to teach folks individually.  You may be able to help teach NFBNewsline to a friend or acaquaintance.

However, if you can use NFBNewsline, please consider showing a friend or acquaintance how it works. If you are able, it may be easier to put their favorite publications under key 4 on the main menu.

New users: Remember the pound (number sign) is help.

To go back a menu, press star.

Folks can sign up on line at
NFBNewsline.org
At this same web site you will find info about the service.

It lookslike some of the  braille materials are running late in the mail so I will not have any at convention unless there are a couple here still.

We plan to put print brochures on each table in the convention room. Please, Please take some to distribute in your area. Remember sighted friends, family members and acquaintances may be willing to help get the word out about NFBNewsline. They may even know someone in another state that can benefit from NFBNewsline.

Lastly, those of you interested in the apple app may download it from itunes free of charge.

IF you are Reading NFBNewsline over a computer, downloading to a portable device, nls player, please refer to the web site at
ww.nfbnewslineonline.org

Do you have favorite publications? If so, what  sections do you recommend?

How can the  global search benefit a student? Has anyone tried reading NFBNewsline with a Braille display?

If so, please tell us Saturday!!

If you remember NFBnewsline in the past--bugs that made it difficult to use, a limited number of papers, lacking TV listings and Job listings.  Start using the New NFBNewsline with tv listings, job listings, over  280 papers, 40 magazines and Target store ads. Those hard to remember codes need to be entered just once on each phone.

We have an interesting local channel on key 2 at the main menu.
 Key one on the main menu is news about the new features of NFBNewsline.  Under key 1 are instructions that are read by a human voice

Sign up today for the new  NFBNewsline and experience a wealth of publications from around the world! and much more!!

Sincerely,
Georgia Kitchen