[nfbmi-talk] Michigan Starts a New Guide Dog Committee

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Tue Oct 30 00:42:59 UTC 2012

October 19, 2112, the great state of Michigan has the first committee meeting of the Michigan Guide Dog Users Comittee.  We hope to become an official division by 2113.  Are officers are: Larry Keeler, chairman, vice chairman, Bob Rehahn, Secretary, Cynthia Cross and treasurer, Karen Evans.  Are first goals are forming a communications network, arranging conference meetings and educating others on guide dog use and the law. At are first meeting, Marion Gwizdala, President of the National Association of Guide dog users sent a letter read by Margo Downey from the New York Association of Guide Dog Users who was are guest speaker and who also helped us organize our committee.  This letter welcomed us and endorsed are efrforts in wanting to become the Michigan Association of Guide Dog Users, a proud and strong future divission of the National Federation of the Blind!  On Saturday, both Margo and I reported to our general population at our state convention with favorable results.  I was also glad to see members from several chapters such as Lansing, Wayne and Ann Arbor attend.  Larry D Keeler, Chairman of the Michigan Guide Dog Users Committee and Secretary-treasurer of the Ann Arbor chapter of the Michigan Affiliater of the National Federation of the Blind.
Intelligence is always claimed but rarely proven!