[nfbmi-talk] reminder to give your comments on executive order

Michael Powell mpowell at wowway.com
Sun Sep 9 18:16:41 UTC 2012

Hello to all federation and list serve friends.

On Monday, September 10, 2012, at seven PM you are invited to participate in
a conference call which I will host along with Dave Robinson.      We would
like to get input from our membership concerning Executive Order 2012-10 so
that we can develop an official position, and policy statement concerning
it.

Your comments should be brief and to the point.  Tell us what you think
about the order and why.   Your views will not be challenged or attacked.
We will not be engaging in any kind of debate over specifics or have a long
drawn out discussion.  You will not be called upon to argue or justify your
point of view.  We will not be discussing any strategies or actions we
should take concerning the order.    All I would ask, is that you call in,
make your comments, and they will be recorded and documented.  The goal is
to develop a statement of policy that reflects the overall sentiment of the
majority of the members of the National Federation of the Blind of Michigan.
It is my hope that we can have a position statement that acknowledges and
gives voice to all the feelings our members have concerning the impact of
this order on the future of services to the blind people of Michigan.

The conference call line number is: (605)475-4333.  The access code to get
into the meeting is: 902855 followed by the pound sign.

The meeting will run from 7 to 8:30.  At 8:30 our members at large chapter
will need the conference line for their meeting.     So it is important that
we don't go into their time.

If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to Email or call me.

mpowell at wowway.com or, (586)754-1325.

If you know anyone who does not have a computer, but  would want to weigh in
on this issue, have them call me at any time before the call in meeting.

Thank you for your help with this matter that we all regard as very
important.  Please give it some thought and be ready to call in Monday,
September 10, from 7 PM to 8:30.

Michael Powell

1st-Vice-President

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF MICHIGAN