[nfbmi-talk] newsline at convention

Georgia Kitchen ghkitchen at comcast.net
Thu Sep 13 01:28:33 UTC 2012

    Hi Terri andd All,

Thank you for your testimony on  NFBNewsline. Dr. Jernigan certainly left us
many ideas, memories, many learning experiences and he was the  one to  see
the importance of Newsline and find a way for the blind to get this valuable
service. Are you a persson that one may describe as low vision? Do you have
limited time? Then NFBNewsline would definitely benefit you. Now that we
have 40 magazines, the global search, the ability to customize  nearly every
aspect of Newsline such as TV listings, job listings, "my Newspaper", read
publications with an iso device, on your computer or portable talking book
reader. Newsline has  access via the telephone--my favorite way to access
Newsline.
Deaf Blind readers now can use their computers to read NFBNewsline
publications via a braille display.  Blind readers and low vision  readers
also now read NFBNewsline via their computers using synthetic speech,
Braille, print and large print access. Don Drapinski, a former NFB of
Michigan member spent many hours on the phone  along with  the help of
others getting NFBNewsline off  the ground in Michigan.

AS NFBNewsline  has evolved so has the publications that are on it. No
longer is there only current events, there is a wide array of subject
matters  one can easily locate on NFBNewsline using the customized global
searches.   I have read articles on how to best photograph fireworks,
articles on dance, music, robotics, stem cell research and almost any  other
subject area you can imagine. If one has an email address on file, then you
can tell NFBNewsline to send that article to your in box by simply pressing
pound 9.
 I personally  cannot begin to explain  how NFBNewsline has enriched my
life. Sign Up Today via the web at
www.nfbnewsline.org
Personalized help is available at
517-258-0632 or