[nfbmi-talk] request mcrc access to minutes civil rights

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Thu Sep 27 16:12:59 UTC 2012

Request MCRC Minutes OMA ADA 504 September 27, 2012

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI  48458

810-516-5262

joeharcz at comcast.net

J. Michael Zelley

Chair, Michigan Civil Rights commission

(Via e-mail)

Dear Mr. Zelley,

I am writing you today to request all the meeting minutes of the MCRC for the last three calendar years. As you know these minutes must be maintained and must be distributed to requestors pursuant to the Michigan Open Meetings Act.

Moreover, as you know I am blind and make a corollary request for these minutes without surcharge or delay pursuant to obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (Title II, subpart e, communications, primary consideration) and the “auxiliary  aids and services” provisions of Section 504 of the rehabilitation Act of 1973.

In those regards I request that you send me those minutes as either plain text enclosures and/or Word atachments to my e-mail address listed above. This should be very easily achievable as I’m certain those minutes are already in Word formats someplace.

Moreover, as a good practice it is highly advised that minutes are put on the MCRC’s web site in the future and are archived for all the public to know of the work MCRC does in fact and deed and in the interest of public accountability, transparency, and openness.

In that regard I advise these minutes are placed on the web site in html form and not in the inaccessible “scanned image .pdf” documents that are still on the MCRC web site.

If you cannot comply in a timely manner to this request please give me the name and e-mail of the personnel at the MCRC who can.

I thank you for your prompt and accessible response to this inquiry for access to all branches of state government is indeed a civil right.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.