[nfbmi-talk] Giving Credit Where Credit Is Due

Terry Eagle terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 13 06:29:24 UTC 2013

I certainly wish those who have desire to attack in their heart and as a
main entrée on their agenda plate, would at least focus that energy at those
who are responsible and have the authority for the poor servicees to
Michigan blind citizen, from youth to seniors, and those representing we the
blind by virtue of non-NFB affiliation governor appointment to an all-show,
no substance advisory Commission.  It may look good on a resume, and a
feeling of empty pride, but achieves nothing for the blind of the state.

When was the last time, if any, did those who only complain and attack,
write to RSA, the governor, the legislature, about the horrible conditions
of services to Michigan blind citizens, including the misappropriation and
misuse of rehabilitation funds for employment of  sighted persons in BEP,
the corrupt administrative hearing system, fromm which the BS4BP director,
Mr. Rodgers was Chief Judge, and never even answered written complaints
about the corruption, and all the pay-offs, favoritism, and sleep-overs to
get something from BS4BP, as a favored blind person, or the lack of
materials to blind persons and trainees in a usable format from BS4BP, as
blind vendors are experiencing at their annual workshop this weekend, while
management positions and costs explode in number, and direct service suffer,
like students going deep in debt with student loans, while on SSI and SSDI,
and college tuition is not paid by the BS4BP, , and on and on and on,???

It seems to me that, like nuclear energy, which can be used to blow-up and
destroy, or be used for a good cause to light a city, those who only
complain and attack, and say quote, "I told you so" unquote, could and
should evaluate the manner in which they direct their endless supply of
energy, and commit to use their energy, time, and talents to address the
real issues and reality facing blind persons of Michigan.

I challenge every blind person, Federationist, lukewarm federationist, and
non-Federationist alike, to use the power of their keyboard and words, to
each week focus on and attack a real life-altering issue facing we the
blind, and don't forget, to do what you are so good at doing, posting and
letting us all know how you are constructively contributing to lighting up
and brightening the lives of blind persons, rather than tearing down and
destroying them, in the way BS4BP is already achieving.  Elevate  a blind
persons' life, and tear down and destroy the barriers and system that fail
us as we the blind know it is currently, and use your time and talents to
help to rebuild the system and services blind persons and taxpayers desire,
deserve, and expect!

Warmly expressed.