[nfbmi-talk] Giving Credit Where Credit Is Due

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 13 16:23:43 UTC 2013

Hello Terri and All,

Thank you for citing the name of the author of this speech in your post. It
is nice to see someone give credit where credit is due as well as the proper
respect they deserve.

I truly did not mean to offend anyone with my comments, nor spark a dueling
debate. I just wanted to see people receive credit where credit is due along
with the respect they deserve. if we as an organization cannot complete the
most simplest of tasks such as this, then how are we to complete larger
tasks that could truly make a difference when completed correctly? I am
rather astonished by those who have pursue careers in such fields as law,
hospitality, government, and public service who do not appear to have a keen
respect to some of the smaller details of things. Perhaps I am wrong, but it
would seem to me that some of the smallest details can really make or break
people in these professions.

Again, I am truly sorry if I offended anyone with my remarks. however, I
think it is rather sad that we as an organization cannot complete a rather
simple task without such bickering and arguing. I also think it is sad that
it appears as though there are several members on this email list who
apparently do not believe in the notion of respecting others. If we as an
organization continue to disrespect others, then how can we ever expect to
make any significant strides in improving the lives of the blind? It would
seem to me as though this would be a rather difficult thing to do without
the common courtesy of giving credit where credit is due and respecting
others.

Warm regards,
Elizabeth