[nfbmi-talk] center director appointment

Terry D. Eagle terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 04:28:06 UTC 2013

Is such news, if it can even be called news,  any surprise to anyone?  The
blind odds-on makers were right on target at 1000 to 1 that is who would be
named.  After all, she is referred to as "legally blind" rather than
"blind", and she was named as "acting director", a routine ploy by state
management, as a way of giving persons with no management experience the
opportunity to gain minimal time in a position of responsibility to gain the
minimal experience to qualify for the position.  Now we have the "legally
blind" leading the "legally blind", leading the "blind" to skills of
blindness and to employment readiness, all within a nine week Rodgers model
of rehabilitation.  Congratulations Madame Director.  You played the game
well.

And just consider, the 200 applicants, the 52 selected applicants, and
selected 10 interviewees, before 2 withdrew, so 8 interviewees, were
selected, interviewed, and one selected for the position, by a panel of
three state employees (one legally blind person, Mr. Rodgers, and two
sighted people), who know nothing about blindness or rehabilitation, and
believe knowledge about blindness and rehabilitation of the blind is
unnecessary and unimportant in the management of an agency and
rehabilitation training and employment services to the blind.

Mr. Rodgers may we hear all about Ms. Lisa Kisiel's "outstanding", " Lisa
has been an enthusiastic champion of disability rights
> and has advocated for the blind community."?  We the blind involved in the
Michigan blind community are curious and interested in learning about her
outstanding record of community involvement and advocacy on behalf of the
blind!

On a related topic, the blind odds-on makers are wagering on the appointment
of Rob Essenberg to the newly created position of administrator of the new
BADP (Business Assistance Development Program), likely to replace the BEP
(Business Enterprise Program).  Hurry! Name your wagers and odds other than
Rob Essenberg as the new administrator.  Odds-on makers have Rob at 1000 to
1, followed by James Hull and a sighted person winning the position at fewer
odds.  Stay tuned, that announcement is coming soon, according to informed
sources.  And odds-on makers are not relying on insider information, purely
on Rob's record against the blind, and his comfortable position with agency
managemen, under cover, so too speak, as a "champion", "advocate", and
"representative"  for the blind, and blind vendors in particular.  Actions
speak loudly!  Game players play the game to get ahead in jobs, without
regard to ethics or morality as a personal quality or character
qualification!  It is win at any cost--sell one's soul, and sell-out others,
for the job!