[nfbmi-talk] Fw: foia from you personallyFw: Press Release: National Governors Association Releases “A Better Bottom Line: Employing People with Disabilities”

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Aug 6 01:24:44 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: joe harcz Comcast
To: Sally Conway USDOJ
Cc: blind democracy List ; nfbmi-talk at nfbnet.org ; Robin Jones ; Peter Berg
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2013 9:24 PM
Subject: foia from you personallyFw: Press Release: National Governors Association Releases “A Better Bottom Line: Employing People with Disabilities”

Dear Deputy Director conway,

You and I have known each other since the inception of the ADA in 1990 while you ran PR for the Granite State Independent Living Center. In fact I applied for your job when you vacated it  to go to the Justice Department. In those intervening years you've seen me document particularly abuses of the ADA from State actors over and over again, and in some very simple things, like providing upon request information in alternate formats to this blind person in a timely manner., or rather abject denials of same, over and over again.

I learned all I know, of the ADA from you Ms. Conway but have seen less and less enforcement including from the DOJ over this last decade and one half.

Thus I'm requesting from you each and every complaint lodged with the US DOJ, Civil Rights Division, Disability Rights Section and every document lodged with you denoting abuses, violations, and acts of discrimination,  violations in accessible format.

My e-mail adress is well known and is: joeharcz at comcast.net. simple fw the requested information to that e=-mail address as either plain textenclosures to same or as Word document attachments.

As an aside I am most horrified to see the civil rights law I love abused, violated and not enforced or acted upon by DOJ and for all the lost files and complaints I've lodged with your agency.

Sally we either have a civil rights law with teeth or we don't.

I don't know about you but I, personally am growing to old to accept excuses, obfuscations or violations by the feds themselves in these regards.

I am angry as you as a civil rights advocate who has seen my, and indeed, my very class' civil rights violated over decades with impunity and without resolution.

And a few WC ramps poorly put together here and there doesn't ameliorate the horrid betrayal and the horrid lack of enforcement of known, and documented violations of not only my but hundreds of thousands of PWD civil rights.

I wish for one thing before I leave this planet. That is simple justice.

When will we get it?

sincerely,

Joe Harcz