[nfbmi-talk] request tdn information meeting

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Aug 9 15:29:35 UTC 2013

August 9, 2013

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morriss, MI 48458

joeharcz at comcast.net

Re: TDN Board Meeting Request Accessible Information

J. Michael Zelley

Exec. Director

The Disability Network

(Via e-mail)

Dear Mr. Zelley

I am formally requesting the agenda and notice of The Disability Network’s upcoming board meeting that was referenced in TDN’s newsletter.

That should include time, place and other basic information by the way.

Moreover, I wish to attend the entire meeting and that other PWD and, indeed the general public are invited to it,  pursuant to TDN’s obligations under the Michigan Open Meetings Act as your entity is more than 98 percent publicly funded according to IRS 990s.

Moreover, as a blind person I request that you remit requested information including this agenda and previously requested TDN Board meeting minutes pursuant to your obligations under the “auxiliary aids and services” provisions of both Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. This and the inclusion of me at this public meeting is also a reasonable accommodation request required under the Michigan persons with Disabilities Act, which you, sir should be intimate with as Chair of the Michigan Civil Rights Commission.

Now, please send the requested agenda and minutes either as plain text enclosures to my e-mail address listed above or as Word attachments to same.

A failure to respond let alone remit these documents in a timely and accessible manner is a violation of all aforementioned laws and is actionable.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.