[nfbmi-talk] I just felt hail!

trising at sbcglobal.net trising at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 13 00:10:43 UTC 2013

I just felt hail, and it was amazing! There was a bad storm, and it sounded like rocks hitting the metal door of our town house. I
told Nick I wanted to feel hail, but I did not want either of us to get hurt or struck by lightning trying to get any. He said we
should open the door and just stick a hand out and see if we could grab some. When we opened the door, immediately, the carpet began
to get soaked, so we shut the door. In wiping up the very small puddle I picked up this absolutely amazing, perfectly formed tiny
ball of ice. It immediately melted in my hand and I knew I had felt hail! I try to explain sometimes, but few people get it, that
blind people like me who can read Braille quickly can often explain what something is intellectually, or can get the correct
question on a test, but have not experienced a thing in real life. I believe I felt a little hail way back in preschool, about
thirty-eight years ago, but I did not remember it. Now I know what it is like and it is absolutely amazing!!
Sincerely,
Terri Wilcox