[nfbmi-talk] places to live in Michigan

gkitchen ghkitchen at comcast.net
Sun Aug 18 07:22:56 UTC 2013

   hi, my computer is acting up but I wanted to see if I could send you all
this updated file on NFBNewsline.

NFB-NEWSLINE® User Guide Update

Due to the addition of several new features to NFB-NEWSLINE® (such as our
new Job Listings and the Subscriber's Control Panel), changes to
NFB-NEWSLINE®'s Main Menu have been made that are not reflected in this User
Guide.  Please note the alterations made, below.

NFB-NEWSLINE®'s new Main Menu:

1 -  for NFB-NEWSLINE® News and Tutorials

             For NFB-NEWSLINE® News, press "1"

             For NFB-NEWSLINE® Tutorial, press "2"

2 -  for Your State's Information Channel

3 -  for Newspapers in Your State

4 -  for Your Favorites List

5 -  for Newspapers from a Different State

6 - for Advertising Circulars from National Retail Chains

7 - for Magazines - seven categories are available:

          News and Commentary

          Popular Culture

          Health and Fitness

          General Interest

          Science and Technology

          Home and Family

          Fashion

8 - for TV Listings

9 - for Job Listings

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx0 - for the Subscriber's Control Panel

          For Local Telephone Lookup, press "1"

          For Voice Control, press "2

          For Resume Reading, For Pause, press "0"

Using NFB-NEWSLINE®'s Job Listings

To access the job listings, press "9" from the main menu.  This will take
you into the Job Listings Main Menu.  From there, you'll need to set up your
search profile - and you can have an unlimited number of them.

Creating a Search Profile

You'll first be asked to enter the five-digit zip code from which the job
listings are to be culled.

NOTE:  For each option, if you choose to modify the search criteria, the
system will ask you to confirm your selection.  If you choose to accept the
default value, you will not need to complete this step.

The next step is to specify the distance to search for jobs using your
defined zip code as the center of a circle; the 30-mile radius from your
provided zip code is the default radius, but you can modify it so that it
has a radius from 5 miles to 150 miles.

Next, select your preferred category; there are over 60 categories
available.  Listen for the category that seems most appropriate, and then
press the corresponding keys.

Then, set the education level you wish to specify for this search profile.
The default level of education is unspecified.  To search for jobs without
limit to education level, select option 1 to not specify your education
level, or, if you wish to look for job listings specifying a certain
education level, press "2" to modify this search option.

Next, you are asked to specify the type of employment you desire, such as
full- or part-time.  The default is set to search for jobs of all employment
types, but you can select to look for only a specific employment type, such
as full-time, or to look for jobs under multiple employment types.

You can then choose to set the minimum salary that you want to search for in
the job listings.  The default option is to search for all jobs regardless
of minimum annual salary, thus widening the possible search results. If you
desire to only search for jobs specifying a particular minimum annual
salary, press "2" to change this criterion; options range from $0.00 to
$120,000.

You can next choose to limit your job search results by selecting a maximum
annual salary that is different from the default, or, you can search for all
jobs regardless of maximum annual salary.  Keeping this factor at its
default value widens the salary range to increase the job listings included
in your search results.

You may then enter a job search phrase which narrows the job search for
listings containing that word or phrase; to do so, press "2."  Entering a
phrase is not necessary, but may assist you in targeting specific jobs
within that category (such as "policy" to search for positions where you'd
craft policy), or for position levels within that category (such as "entry
level" to search for jobs where prior experience isn't required).  You will
use our "Search Mode" feature to enter the characters (letters and other
items, like spaces) to create your search term or phrase; for information on
how to use our search mode, refer to the pertinent section in the User
Guide.

Once you've completed these steps, the system will ask you to either save or
discard the search profile just set up.  To save this job search and
continue, press "1."  To discard this job search and return to the main
menu, press "2."

Searching for Jobs

Once you've set up a search profile, you are taken back to the Job Listings
main menu.   To search for jobs, select the profile you want to use when
searching for jobs, and enter the corresponding number; these are played in
order of creation.  This takes us to the menu for our search profile.  To
listen to all jobs for that profile, press "2."

When listening to jobs, use the "1" and "3" keys to move backward and
forward, respectively, through the listings.  When you've heard a particular
listing that you'd like to either save for later access or delete from your
job search results, press "5" and follow the prompts.  Pressing "pound,
 nine" (#9) will send an e-mail of this listing to you that contains the
text of the listing, as well as a link for a Web page with the position's
application form, and, if desired, a copy to another person.  To add a
primary or secondary e-mail to your account, call us at (866) 504-7300.

If you have reviewed job listings, and if you have saved and deleted jobs,
the menu for that job search profile used will include these new options:

To hear your saved jobs, press "3."

To hear only new jobs, press "4."

To hear only previously accessed jobs, press "5."

To view only discarded jobs, press "6."

Georgia