[nfbmi-talk] god blessus everyone!

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Dec 4 00:59:46 UTC 2013

December 3 2013

God Bless Us Everyone

Tiny Tim Blinknes

joeharcz at comcac/o st.net

To: Mr. Ed Rodgers

Michigan Bureau of services for Blind Persons

(B.S. for Blind Persons)

Via-mail

Dear Mr., Rodgers,

Mr. Ed it is certainly a wonderful day in the neighborhood of we who are blind as we visit this festive and joyous season of giving. I must say I was personally touched being an advocate for people who are blind and for others with other disabilities to note that the BS for Blind Persons (branding is everything) is going to sell some Christmas ornaments with something to do with the state Capitol though not described in press releases by the by and that the money or part of it might just go to your federally funded, state entity to actually employ blind people which is its very reason for existence under the Federal rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended in the first place. Wow forgive the run on sentence and those yet to come but I thought the Vocational Rehabilitation of the blind by your agency (BSBP) was your primary thing to do in the first instance and thought you were amply funded to do so as per your reports to the feds, the legislature and so forth. I didn’t know you were in such hard shape that you had to depend upon the sales of a few Christmas Tree bulbs as to depend upon them for amongst other things your well deserved $128,000 per year salary and that of your administrative minions whom don’t quite know their mission in life, but sure do know their hackery as a digression, for where else would these types go, if not on the BSBP rolls at their salary range for all their years of hard work for all of us except upon welfare rolls sire? Needless to say I was shocked to note I was incorrect in that sire. And let me tell you I’m saving my penny’s sans the usual $20 usual FOIA indigence fee thanks to thee sire, and thank the Lord too,   to buy at least one or two of these lovely and yet undecided Christmas Tree bulbs to help you out in your time of trouble and turmoil and through all of  your travails, for I know how hard it is to be blind and how hard it is for the average blind person to make ends meet and all that not to say that we who are blind have issues or anything like that sire, let alone those like you who are “sight impaired” or  otherwise denoted with those paltry salaries you get sire from the ungrateful people of this here United States of America and even those derelicts and ingrates in the State of Michigan for crying out loud!.

Anyway I think it a really nice touch sir, that you sell these items out of the very state Capitol of Michigan without being fully accessible to the blind. I mean it is our state capitol after all and an historical monument and not the place of the people for they are ingrates and God forbid we actually despoil the thing by putting any sort of Braille on any room let alone room numbers and let alone a restroom.  Don’t these folks have pampers and such?: I mean don't those silly blind people know their places like you do sire? Don't they all have their own sighted guides and sighted readers? Why do they bother us sire with all of these demands? And I really think it is a superb nice touch that you sell them in the state Capitol which violates the “little Randolph Shepard” provisions of Public Act 260 and that the facility is federally funded but doesn’t have a licensed blind operator in it to sell these pieces of providence and all that all in the good spirit of this season. I mean how rich is it sire to give it to those ungrateful and blind ingrates and show them how to lift themselves up from the bootstraps you put upon their throatsafterall? I mean sire the spirit, and the action, is after all delicious irony don’t you think?

And it is a nice touch sire, if you don’t mind me saying so as I kiss your ring and through that the rings of the powers that be above you, thank the Lord, that you think so much of us who are blind to have these very things, these very ornaments of our blessed existence sold by sighted and non-disabled types like the student assistants whom man these stands meant for blind entrepreneurs. Nice touch sir and in our State Capitol. Lovely.

Wow, I must commend you sire as I again kiss your wring and grovel before you and your masters…Sorry I’m getting carried away with the emotion of it all and of all of your and your masters benevolence…I really am and I’m kind of tearing up and all that…forgive me sire…I’m just an emotional sort of blind person and this is sending shivers up my spine for I am after all over whelmed by your kindness, charity and all of those adjectives of which I know public servants like yourself shun with humility but which are not oft heard, , let alone your omnipotence and all of your potency and potency let alone your impotence…Oops did I say something wrongly or whatever as those darned youngsers say it?

Regardless, if that is ok to say and if I say something that offends you in your beatitude ness or whatever, let me say this, “Feel free to FOIA my sorry and scrawny self in rebuke of my most ignoble impudence sire.”

Anyway I wanted to compliment you and yours on this joyoues celebration of all that is Holy in three great religions for your charity in this holiday season.

And aside from that fact I want to thank you for your business acumen and the fact you’ve really put this Governor Snyder thing of running this state like a business in to effect in such a graciousness and effective manner. I mean sire this Christmas Tree ornament thing is a stroke of bloody genius…Excuse me whilst I slobber on myself being the blind and disabled blokeI am sire!

But as again you said, “Branding is everything.” And might I say the brand upon our sorry butts is most ssmartly attiered sire and not unlike those of those there snappy SS sort of brands upon the victims of concentration camps back there in WW II. Nice touch sire.

And this thing about the ornaments sire???? Well let me say that this was your best idea since your Tim Hortons franchise thing. You’re a genious for sure though those folks in the community, and the media and even some in government won’t realize it I do sire!

All of these things were the best ideas since your vision of a charter school for the blind!!

Man oh man where have all the visionaries gone but yourself in this here state of affairs sire?

Say, whatever happened to that Charter School for the Blind thing? Did those rascals in the NFB spike that right at the proverbial goal line just like those rascals spiked along with the mass media your wonderful and brilliant and Essenberger conflated notion of branding in the Tim Hortons affair?

Oh Canada is the least of it right?

And say let us see this press release you denoted from the hysterical NFB types at their own convention. I mean we’ll show those son-of-a-guns right?

You’ve got the evidence sire. Release it without FOIA and all of those  sire. This is war we must smash those types of people sire! We must.

Do not fear sire right is on our side. After all all we want is the same thing and that is an efficiently run system isn’t it.

…Eh eh…Elbow in the rib…But we wouldn’t really want the money going towards the benfit of those nasty blind folks would we? I mean not to throw any of them under the bus but they can’t even clean their rooms can they? I mean we spent $3,000 to clean up their messes and all that didn’t we. I mean you, I mean we, oh sire I’m so confused, so sorry for all that?

Anyway sire, forgive the ramble, but I'm just one of those poor uninformed and in fact ununiformed kind of blind folks and don't know my place in the world for sure let alone in your majestic light which blinds me with its majesty as if my own regular blindess weren't enough, but again I must say I do digress....Sorry 'bout that sire....Really I am so.

Every Humbly and Upon Bended Knee in Fealty in this Season of Love

and Goodly Stuff and That Sort of Thing and all That,

Happy Holidays and God Bless Us Everyone,

Tiny Tim

Joe