[nfbmi-talk] when will bsbp become accessable to blind?

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Thu Dec 12 14:11:14 UTC 2013

December 12 2013 Reiterated Request for Commission Minutes

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

joeharcz at comcast.net

To: Edward Rodgers

(Mich) Bureau of Services for Blind Persons

(via e-mail)

Mr. Rodgers,

I am writing once again for the minutes/transcripts and all documents related to the Past two (2) Commission for Blind Persons meetings. The first being September 27, 2013 (the 40th anniversary of Section 504). And the second being last Thursday’s meeting.

I do invoke not only the ADA in this regard but also the requirements for accessible meetings including information in those meetings under relevant portions of the very Rehabilitation Act that creates BSBP. I’ve sent you statute and regulations before and your abuse of the FOIA in these matters also violates the general anti-discrimination provisions of Section 504 and Title II of the ADA.

You know that I am blind and you know the accessible format I request. You also know or should again know the laws you are violating as, again I’ve sent them to you. So you must be acting with deliberate indifference to them.

Moreover, I find it most amusing your comments at the last meeting that you and Mr. Pemble met with the State ADA coordinator, Sharon Ellis to check in to problems related to access and the ADA while you violate both routinely in documented fashion.

I ask you this: “When will BSBP itself follow the ADA and 504 which are civil rights laws?

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.