[nfbmi-talk] Fw: open question due process ag bsbp

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Dec 13 05:33:34 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: joe harcz Comcast
To: blind democracy List
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2013 12:13 AM
Subject: Fw: open question due process ag bsbp

----- Original Message -----
From: joe harcz Comcast
To: Ed Rodgers BSBP Dir.
Cc: zimmerm at michigan.gov ; Mike Pemble BSBP Dep. Dir. ; Ellis, Sharon (DTMB) ; nfbmi-talk at nfbnet.org ; commissioner-hudson at outlook.com ; Joe Sibley MCBVI Pres. ; Marianne Dunn ; bsbpcommissioners at michigan.gov ; Elmer Cerano MPAS ; Christyne.Cavataio at ed.gov ; Sally Conway USDOJ ; OCR Cleveland Office ; valarie Barnum Yarger MISILC ; BRIAN SABOURIN ; MARK CODY ; Laura Hall ; Scott Heinzman ADAPT ; Leigh Campbell-Earl ; Norm DeLisle
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2013 12:12 AM
Subject: open question due process ag bsbp

December 13 2013 Attorney General QuesstionsPaul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

Joeharcz at comcast.net

To: (Mich) Bureau of Services for Blind Persons

Edward Rodgers II BSBP Director

Michael Pemble BSBP Deputy Director

And others BSBP

All via conventional e-mail

Dear All,

I am amused by the following item from the BSBP expense report which by the by you and your flunkies in state government, including the so-called FOIA officials of LARA,  alternately in the public record wished to make me pay for and/or said didn’t exist with ersatz and illegal and other abuses of the Michigan Freedom of Information Act let alone the discriminatory abuses of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and let alone the rights under Section 504 of the very Rehabilitation Act that funds your entity in the first place:

“8140 ATTORNEY GENERAL FEES $184,086.59

“

Now this expenditure seems really high to me and I would like it broken down. Now did some of these fees for example relate to the AG’s offices denials of substantial due process rights for BEP operators in the MAHS or other dispute resolution process? Or did some of them go to ways for circumventing the ADA and Section 504 in the abuse of the FOIA process? Or did some of this funding simply act as a transfer to the A.G.’s office or what for its role in rewriting rules long established for the Business Enterprise Program?

Or are these extradinary fees used to insulate the BSBP at taxpayer’s expense its known liabilities for past actions?

Regardless, I am not a lawyer unlike you Mr. Rodgers and I don’t have state sponsored law clerks like you do at my behests, though I wonder what   on earth a Director of an agency for the blind would need or even want a law clerk is beyond me as you are not acting as a law firm or lawyer are you in this capacity?

Anyway I’m sort of wondering out loud here and bare with me ok, but it kind of looks like you are using funds meant for the rehabilitation of the blind of Michigan to fund the Michigan Attorney General’s Office to actually circumvent that directed mission and goal. Please correct me if you will if this assertion is inaccurate or wrong.

Oh yes by the way I got this data and line item from a non-disabled, and sighted State Representative in fully accessible format and for free in the interest of transparency and yet again in demonstrable fashion you and others in LARA have illegally and capriciously and in discriminatory fashion have either told me this information didn’t exist in the first place or that I had to pay a very large fee for it even though it didn’t exist.

Hmm…Sounds discriminatory and obstructionists and in violation of several laws to me. But what the heck I’m only an average blind guy and not a superb liar  (lawyer) like yourself and those above you right?

Anyway can you break out the line item above and for what these expenditures went to?

Say you know as a sort of humorous aside I love the law and silly me thinks this state and our Democratic-Republic is based upon a simple principle that the rule of law should be above the rule of men. And, silly me I think that blind folks including little old me and indeed all others with disabilities should have equal protection and due process under law. And, silly me I think that people engaging the rehabilitation system in Michigan with disabilities should have total access to it and that, indeed access alone is a civil right.

Well silly me I want some answers to this one silly question which citizens pay for sirs.

Of course by now I request all responses to this inquiry be made in accessible format without any surcharge including the one you build in to ersatz FOIA responses be made by simple e-mail as plain text enclosures as an accommodation to my blindness.

I’d thank you in advance for a prompt and compliant response to this request but given a pattern and practice of malicious, intentinal and documented violations of my civil rights in the past it is bloodywell hard to do so.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

P.S. Sorry for misspellings and that sort of thing but I’m having difficulties with my computer and assistive technology and unlike self-annointed and priveledged public servants like you I don’t have secretaries, federally funded law clerks, or all of the rescources of the state of Michigan to do these humble things. It’s kind of an undue hardship upon my humble person to even have to request this sort of stuff from your highness.