[nfbmi-talk] Child's Christmas in Wales

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sat Dec 14 22:50:19 UTC 2013

When I lived in New Hampshire a crusty old talk show host, Jerry Williams,
on WRKO, read this annually.

Now, while a good read in print it is savorrred, being so poetic when read
aloud.

Jows does a rather good reading as it captures the cadences and rythms.

Regardless, Lydia you found a real treasure in that basement when you were
twelve.

Besides, though not so old as this story I can personally identify with many
of the events.

For example, my brothers and I were often sock gloved hunters of cats and
all sorts of critters and objects armed with snowballs.

Each and everyone of we boys, there were seven got a licking or at least
caught pelting passing cars and trucks from the drainage ditch along Mt.
Morris Road. The milke truck (we still had them when I was young) was a
particular target. It was a Nazi Armorred car to me. And the driver was a
slow old fellow who couldn't catch us even though we were laden in wet,
sodden wool coats that made your arms stand outsstraight to the sides
sometimes; and even though we had to run through the snow in to the feilds
with those darned rubber boots.

Gotta scoot.

Glad you and Christine enjoyed it.