[nfbmi-talk] financial support for the national organization

Larry Posont president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 01:55:11 UTC 2013

Greetings Fellow Federationists:

The National Federation of the Blind of Colorado and the national
office are spearheading an effort to engage every affiliate to help
raise financial support for the national organization. Therefore, we
request every affiliate's participation in the first NFB NATIONWIDE
AUCTION. Here is a wonderful opportunity for you to share one or more
of your extraordinary items or places of interest that your state has
to offer to the world, in support of the organization that makes a
difference to each of us.  If each state affiliate could please donate
at least one item or vacation package to this project, then we would
have an amazing selection for folks to choose from.

Timeline:

We will need each package from each state affiliate donated to the
National Federation of the Blind by September 1, 2013. This gives you
plenty of time to build a great package from your affiliate. The
auction will take place on Cyber Monday, the Monday after
Thanksgiving, November 25, 2013.  This is a time when all of the
holiday shoppers will be looking for exciting gifts for family and
friends.  Let us come together as the spectacular organization we are
and put together one of the most unique auctions that has ever been
conducted online! Each affiliate will be contacted within the next
month to start brainstorming ideas! For more information or questions,
please contact Meredith Paone, at the NFB Jernigan Institute
(410-659-9314 extension 2423 or mpaone at nfb.org), or Michelle Chacon,
from the NFB of Colorado (303-456-9000). Please share your ideas for
the auction, including how we might effectively promote it and attract
lots of attention for our organization.

Thank you kindly for the contributions to our organization.

Best,

Michelle Chacon