[nfbmi-talk] text books in digital

Shepherd, Amy amyshepherd at mpvi.org
Wed Feb 27 17:45:29 UTC 2013

Hi Jeff,

Your TCVI has the ability to get your textbooks for you digitally (DAISY)
through Bookshare for free.

If they are not currently in the Bookshare depository you TCVI can request
it from the NIMAS depository by filling out a request form on the Michigan
Integrated Technology Website (MITS.)

Your TCVI will need to know the following for each book you need:

Textbook Title, Publisher, Copyright Date and ISBN number

I am happy to send you a more detailed e-mail, talk to you on the phone and
talk to your TCVI if necessary.

If we can't work with your TCVI to do this than I can get them for you.
I am a certified AMP for the NIMAS depository and can also request books
for students who qualify with a Print Disability, as you do.

Send me an e-mail to my private e-mail amyshepherd at mpvi.org or call me. I
think you have my phone number.

Sincerely,

Amy Shepherd