[nfbmi-talk] BSBP Consumer Involvement Council Meeting

Terry Eagle terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 10:03:05 UTC 2013

Hmmmmmm, Makes me wonder if this is more bureaucratic sersive (BS)
duplication, given the other esteemed advisory board.

Let's see, I think we are at least atthree advisory-type board for services
to blind persons.  There is the advisory commission, the advisory council,
and the advisory elected operators' committee.  So we should feel real good
with the big three C.  Commission, Council, and Committee.  And I didn't
count the Rehabilitation Council.

 I likely missed some for the library, we senior blind, for which allegedly
there are no funds, the youth programs, and the deaf-blind.

I am sure we could easily become the Big Ten Advisory agency for blind
services (bs).  How about an advisory council on blind accessible technology
(BAT)?  Advisory Braille Council, the ABC of promotion of braille.  Any
more?

I hope and pray all these advisory committees accomplish more than more talk
and more meetings and free lunches.  Will they be productive, or just
another exercise in fulfilling consumer input mandates, just like the state
plan hearings.  You know the current administration likes to suppress
participation from the public; just turn to the news of our , did I just say
our (?) legislature!  And they boast about the historical number and nature
of pieces of legislation passed without debate.  What debate?  I hope the
Big C can be more effective then the agency-run committee on business
enterprise, with its rewards of points and perks.

I am optimistic for at least some sunshine to disinfect and make the
environment a bit cleaner and transparent.  Oh, it feels so good to dream by
dawn's early nearly light!