[nfbmi-talk] FW: [Vendorsmi] Oh Where, Oh Where Are The Blind Vendors? Work-To-Welfare? Did the blind not see it coming?

Larry Posont president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 17:32:03 UTC 2013

20812 Ann Arbor Trail
Dearborn Heights, MI 48127

July 29, 2013

Dear Michigan Federationists:

     I do not respond very often on the list, but I observe closely as
others post to see where they they would like the organization to help
change what it is to be blind in Michigan. Terry Eagle is so accurate
here as he voices his concerns about the current Governor's
Administration and BSBP slowly dismantling the Vending Program. It
will be taken apart a little at a time with small rest areas at first
in northern Michigan and then progress to more lucrative
establishments around the state. Indeed, it already has begun since
there has been such a battle over placing a qualified blind person at
the State Plate.Both the former  Administration and the current
Administration have failed blind people. There is a work to welfare
mind set among the Administration and BSBP. The current Director
believes that blind individuals can be controled especially if they
are welfare recipients. This shows why it is vital for staff training
to occur so that blind people can have proper rehabilitation in order
to become earners of pay checks rather than welfare recipients. The
National Federation of the Blind of Michigan will never stop working
toward this vitally crucial goal.

Sincerely,
Larry Posont
President
 (313) 271-3058
 Email: president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
 Web page: www.nfbmi.org

 Vehicle Donations Take the Blind Further Donate your car to the
National Federation of the Blind today!
 For more information, please visit:
www.carshelpingtheblind.org
 or call 1-855-659-9314